Candidates may cancel or reschedule their exam if an emergency occurs within 48 hours of the scheduled exam time. The candidate must submit the request to reissue an alternate testing date and pay the appropriate processing fee within 7 business days following the original scheduled testing appointment to be reauthorized to reschedule for testing.
Candidates must contact GPCI for the following:
- If a candidate fails to appear for a scheduled exam. Acceptable reasons for failing to appear for a scheduled exam include: Medical or personal emergency including sudden illness of either the candidate or an immediate family; death of immediate family member; disabling traffic accident; unexpected military duty call-up; court appearances that cannot be rescheduled. Candidates will be required to provide third party documentation.
- If a testing vendor reschedules the exam for unplanned circumstances.
- If a testing site issue results in an unsuccessful result. Candidates who experience technical or other testing site issues during testing, must notify GPCI within 3 business days of the test and may request rescheduling within 7 business days.
- If a test center is closed due to weather or other emergency conditions, GPCI will email candidates to inform them of the closure and provide them with the opportunity to reschedule their examination at no cost.
- If power to a test center is temporarily interrupted during exam administration, the examination will be restarted. The responses provided up to the point of interruption will be intact, but for security reasons, the questions will be scrambled.
Candidates must send a notice of the reason for requesting an alternative testing date as well as accompanying documentation, to GPCI within seven (7) business days following the original scheduled testing date, along with the request form for reauthorization. GPCI reserves the right to request additional documentation to support a candidate’s reason for failing to appear for testing appointment.
Policy Number 4.00005